Friday, June 12, 2009

Kindergarten Program

On Thursday, the entire Kindergarten class got together for a concert in the gym. All four classes sang several songs as a group, then each class individually sang a couple of songs that their respective teachers had chosen for them. It was soooo cute, and fun to hear the kids in both English and German.


Emma was very excited and proud to be a sheep (das Schaf) in the program. She insisted on wearing all white even though it limited her wardrobe options :)


Leaning in to whisper something to Willow.


This popular German children's song has several verses each of which the kids sing about a different body part that they have "lost." In this verse they have lost their ears.


Now their noses are missing.


This was funny: the child covering his mouth with the huge lips is the most talkative kid I have ever met in my life. When trying to explain a craft to the kids I didn't know if I should laugh or cry as he interupted me countless times. He's a super nice little kid though, I can always count on a good story from him everytime I go to their class.


Emma with her teacher, Frau Braun. We could not have asked for a better kindergarten teacher for Emma! Emma has always had a hard time with me leaving at morning drop off, and Frau Braun has helped her so much with that. She shows such a genuine interest and appreciation for all the kids, even their little quirky characteristics are very endearing to her. Emma has learned so much, and become very conversational in German during the last few months. We are very thankful that she had the chance to learn from Frau Braun!

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

I can't believe we have 1st graders now! I'm glad Emma had such an enjoyable year!