Friday, June 26, 2009

Alyssa Goes to MPact Girls Great Escape Camp

Some VERY BIG NEWS: ALYSSA went to CAMP.
She left this morning and will be back on Sunday. She was SO EXCITED. I was tempted to volunteer to go with, but the teachers at church who teach the 3rd-5th grade girls had more help than they needed, so I took a deep breath and told her she could go without me. I think it will be great for her sense of independence, and I'm thankful that there are so many great teachers going with.

Carrying her bag in the church parking lot. She could hardly lift it, and I felt like we were packing for weeks, not 2 days. I hope she comes back with at least half of her belongings :)


Sitting with a super stylish little Em as we wait for the bus. Alyssa has matching shades (but in blue/green) to the ones Emma is wearing that Grandma gave the girls in their Easter baskets, but she didn't want to risk losing them at camp so they are here at home. See, the whole idea of being responsible has kicked in before she's even left home :)


She left us notes on our cars. Here is "Love you Daddy."


And mine, "I love my mom." Wow, our cars need to be washed!!

2 comments:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Oh my goodness, such a big step! How did you do, Mom?? Can't wait to hear her stories about camp! I'm sure she loved it!

jessica said...

Alyssa's home now, and I'll try to post some of her stories over the next couple days, but she had fun! I had a hard time falling asleep friday night. I wasn't really worried, it just seemed kind of strange for her to be gone. :)