Monday, June 29, 2009

CAMP DAY 1


Our Camp Theme: "Race of a lifetime"

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run , but only one will get the prize . Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games has gone through strict training . They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 1Corinthians 9:24, 25

day1
Today we settled into our cabins. I share a bunkbed with my friend Maria, I'm on the top bunk.

We went swimming I passed the deep water test, if you pass you can go on the iceberg, watertrampoline, and rafts. What my favorite part of passing the test was that I can jump off the rafts into the deep water. My partner for that was Megan.

We had a parade and everyone dressed up like athletes. This raised money for missionaries, I have been saving my honey bear pennies and notions for this all school year. I dressed up as a runner, my number was 9011. Our church won first place for collecting honey bear pennies. We brought more than 7500 pennies to camp.

I roasted a marshmallow and made smores after dinner. We, [bunkmates] stayed up till midnight,we chatted, and played with glowsticks. Finally we went to sleep.

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

So... was this her journal entries from camp :-)

Wow... staying up until midnight. That's impressive. Sounds like a fun day 1.