Friday, April 3, 2009

Sprecher Tour and the Easter Monkey

Last weekend we toured the Sprecher Brewery. They brew gourmet soda and beer, and I guess they are much more popular for their soda than they are for their beer. Many people outside this city have probably never even heard of the beer they make, but many may be familiar with their soda. We went for a special Easter event they have when you can visit the Easter Bunny and tour their facility.
Rebekah was sleeping when we first arrived at Sprecher.
Here is Alyssa standing in the doorway between the brewery entrance and the gift shop. The girls were lingering in the gift shop, and my mom wanted them to follow us into the area right outside the brewery so she called to them to come closer to us. The funny thing was that as she was saying this, she misspoke, and said, "Come on, it's time to go see the Easter Monkey..." Since this is a place that brews and also gives out samples of beer, we started laughing very hard. The people around us were probably thinking please don't give that lady any more! (She had not had ANY)
Emma by a display case of Sprecher products and old fashion German beer steins.
Sampling Sprecher's soda's products, Alyssa's most favorite is their Cherry Cola. It is very cherry!
Emma's favorite flavor is what Sprecher is probably most famous for, their Root Beer. YUM.
Bekah loved the Orange Dream, and while I usually don't at all enjoy anything orange dreamsicle flavored, it is quite good. My favorite is the Cream Soda, and Ka'eo's favorite is the Ginger Ale.
Here the girls and my parents are sitting around the table trying out all the flavors. I had a much better picture where the girls are looking at the camera and not covering their faces with either their hands or cups, but in that photo, both of my parents looked like they had enjoyed a few visits from the "Easter Monkey". They had not, it was just that my dad was looking up strangely (when visiting a new place he likes to take note of the building's structure) and my mom was in the middle of talking which made her expression a little unique.

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

I chuckled out loud when I read your story about the Easter Monkey... how funny. Mmmm... I love cream soda!