Wednesday, April 8, 2009

40th Birthday Surprise For Lori

Last weekend, our friend, Lori celebrated her 40th birthday, HOORAY! Lori's friend Traci threw her one of the best surprise birthday parties I have ever been to!! I'm disappointed this photo came out so dark, but Lori is on the left admiring her beautiful cake. Lori is one of those people who EVERYONE who has EVER known her would describe her as the SWEETEST person they know, and it was such a privilege to be able to celebrate her 40th birthday with her and her family!
One of the neatest things, was these cute T-shirts made for Lori's party with her childhood photo on them. All the children were running around the party wearing them. Lori has four children of her own, so to see all her kid's friends dancing around in celebration of her birthday, wearing shirts with her photo on them, must be such a special memory for her to have (I know it is because she told me so at the party :)
Lori's daughter, Halle doing the Limbo.
Alyssa and Emma doing the limbo. Alyssa's limbo technique was good.
Alyssa, Bekah, and Bri.
Emma and Desirae having a "serious" conversation. I always wonder what the kids are talking about when they look so serious.
Halle and Emma eating cake. Lori's daughter, Halle is one of Emma's closest friends. Whenever I hear people say things like, "Oh, we've been best friends since we were 2," I always think that it's a cute statement but wonder if two year olds actually describe their friendships this way. Halle and Emma have proved me wrong on this, they have been in the nursery together at church since they were about a year and a half, and they have always had such a cute friendship.
Rebekah enjoying cake.
Halle striking a pose before the Chicken Dance.
Alyssa and Bri having fun.
Is this Lori's birthday, or a huge party for the kids? If I didn't know better, I'd think it was the latter. I don't know that I have ever seen so much joy in children while they were celebrating a grown up's birthday. Another testimony of Lori's awesome blessing to everyone around her. Here all the kids are chicken dancing. The next night at dinner while looking at the floral centerpiece that we got to bring home from Lori's party, Alyssa said, "Miss Lori's birthday must have been the party of a lifetime!" I'm sure she agrees!!

No comments: