Thursday, January 31, 2013

Finishing Up January

To finish up the month of January...

Photo 28 of 365, taken January 16th:
IMG_20130116_184229
I had to search my photos from the month and see which ones I could squeeze in here at the end of the month to finish with a total of at least 31 :-). This picture was taken one Wednesday night at church in the room where I teach, right before the girls ran off to their own classrooms.
IMG_20130116_203714
Silly bucket head. How her time in my kindergarten Daisies room has already come and gone is completely beyond me.

Photo 29 of 365, taken January 19th:
IMG_20130119_115054
Rebekah loves to climb stuff. I remember doing similar things when I was young, and how nervous it used to make my Aunt Laura {I think my parents were pretty used to it, and I don't remember them ever telling me to stop or get down}. I remember always wondering what my aunt was so worried about when I would scale walls and such. Now with my own three little monkeys even though I know it's unlikely that they will actually fall, I can better understand my aunt's concerns!

Photo 30 of 365, taken January 27th:
01January33
A club in our area hosts an invitational each winter in support of breast cancer awareness and all the proceeds from the meet are donated to causes that help women currently going through treatment and education for young women/girls about breast cancer prevention. Such an awesome idea ~ I hope our gym continues to be invited every single year!
01January34
All the gymnasts who participate are given a pink ribbon leo. I think the new leo was a huge incentive for Emma to bounce back from her pneumonia as quickly as possible. I kept telling her that she would get her leo regardless of whether she was well enough to compete or not, but she was determined to get well and not miss her chance to compete in pink!

She also wanted a photo of her hair from the day...it had already been through a lot of flips and some really icy, snowy weather so this was the best I could get. She loved the glitter.

Photo 31 of 365, taken January 27th:
Franklin-20130127-00234
The girls were happy that Emma's friend Halle and my parents could come see the meet! It was cold and icy, and the roads were terrible, but it was still a good day.

Alyssa told me this morning, "Wow, today is the last day of the first month of 2013. This year is going by quick already!" I have always thought that kids seem to process time differently than adults do ~ the minutes and hours are somehow longer for them, and what seems like a short period of time to me seems like asking the girls to wait forever. So it occurred to me that if time was moving quickly for Alyssa, then the new year must really be moving along at an incredible pace.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I used to climb walls like that too :) Our girls our going to a meet this weekend called "Charity Choice" Each gym gets to pick a charity that they want to donate to, and then at the end of the meet, 100% of the proceeds are donated to the charities that each club selected. It is a HUGE meet. Levels 3-10 participate and it's a 3 day affair. Very neat that the girls can compete for a cause!

I like Emma's new pick leo and meet hair do!