Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cleaning Up After Christmas

01January18
Photo 5 of 365, taken January 5th.

We spent all day today cleaning up Christmas decorations. I always have so much anxiety doing this, no matter how careful we are, stuff tends to get broken and I just feel so much stress looking at my living room full of half-full bins of breakables and other things that hold special memories.

We managed to escape the task without breaking a single thing {for possibly the first time ever} but still had a casualty...the angel above is the first tree topper that Dave and I ever bought, the first year we had a Christmas tree of our own. She hasn't worked for probably at least three years and we have since bought a new topper. We hung onto the angel because the girls loved her so much. When she worked, her dress would light up and switch colors from gold, to pink, purple, blue etc. Anyway, we seem to accumulate new items every year that need to get packed up, and this year, the broken angel didn't make it back to her year long home in the rubbermaid bin.

At the end of a long day of trying to be a better organizer and cleaner upper than I really am, I can gladly say that I don't have to do this again...until next year!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I always dread putting all my Christmas decor away. It makes such a mess, haha. And then once everything is finally all away, my house looks so bare and ordinary.