Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy 35th Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVE!!
IMG_20130104_220411
Photo 4 of 365, taken January 4th. This is my 2013 attempt at baking Dave a nice custard pie for his birthday.

Dave's favorite dessert is custard pie, or chess pie, depending upon your geographic location. I don't know of any bakeries in our area that make good custard pie, so every January 4th, I give it my best effort. I am not much of a pie person myself, and I am terrible at making a good pie crust, but I am getting so much better at the custard part, if I must say so myself. Dave ate it without complaint :-)

In honor of his birthday, I thought I would post some pics of him and the girls showing off the handsome beard he grew this past November and December for Movember.
IMG_8749
IMG_8755
IMG_20121221_193018
Emma sporting a smudgy moustache of her own.
IMG_8785
And cleanly shaven ~ Now, here's a guy who loves to have his picture taken! He might get a little mad at me for posting this one, but I hope not too mad...I thought his mom and grandmother would like to see the photo :-)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Dave! He looks great!