Monday, July 5, 2010

Swimming the Weekend Away

On our way back from Pennsylvania, we stopped at my parent's house to enjoy the 4th of July weekend with them. The girls spent almost the entire weekend in the pool. On one of the days that their friends came over, the kids barely got out of the pool for nearly 6 straight hours which was just what they all needed after the heat we had experienced on vacation!
 My parents got these two awesome floats with the hope that they would keep Emma's ankle dry enough for her to spend time in the pool too. They worked out perfectly!!


 Target bags and all, she was able to cool off in the pool and she had lots of fun!


 See my dad using an empty sherbet bucket to soak Rebekah? When I try to rinse the shampoo out of her hair with a cup barely large enough to get a good drink out of, she's yelling at me, "Stop, water's getting in my eyes. Oooowww! Noooo! Not water in my ears..."


 But suddenly when Grandpa causes Niagara Falls to splash into her raft, it's the most hilarious thing ever.


 She spent most of the weekend on one of the rafts, but occasionally my mom tried to make me think they had let her jump all the way into the water {per her many requests to do so}. She had a blast even though she wasn't able to swim freely on her own.


 Alyssa made repeated attempts to dive off the turtle raft. It resulted in many falls like this one.


 And backward slips like this one. Lots of belly flops too! She also made me dive for rings in several competitions. She won every time and my brain got all water logged, I could still hear the water sloshing in my ears hours later.


 The girls found this little toad at my parents friend's house on the 4th. They named him Lumpy after much discussion from Kahiwa that his name should be Brownie. She names every stuffed animal she owns Brownie, so Lumpy won out this time. We've made him a little habitat and are trying to take good care of him.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Their pool looks like a lot of fun... is it indoors? And that was so thoughtful of them to get those floaties for Emma!

jessica said...

The pool is enclosed, the best way to describe it would be to say it's kind of like a greenhouse. My dad says this was a pretty common design during the 70's when this one would have been built. The walls are not insulated so the pool closes for the winter.

It is fun! The kids look forward to the pool opening all winter :-)