Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dutch Wonderland

When we were planning our trip to PA, Dave had a bunch of brochures from a travel packet that we looked through with the girls. Rebekah pulled out the Dutch Wonderland brochure and said it was her pick for the trip. It was a really cute castle themed park.




 




















Kamele loved the Frog Hopper at Dutch Wonderland. She made me ride it with her the previous day in Hershey, and I had to ride it once here too, but after that, she was on her own. She and Emma rode it several times! I thought they looked so cute up there together.


 It was such a cute park with lots of old fashion kiddie rides and nice walking paths around their ponds. We liked their tiny Statue of Liberty.


 The landscaping was really pretty.


 And full of butterflies! It would have been a beautiful park to have a picnic in had it not been so hot.


 Rebekah's laughing as the girls pose for this picture because as I helped them get up on the drum she said, "Ugh, I need a butt horn." I'm not sure what Disney tween show {maybe Sonny With a Chance?} I can thank for the expression "butt horn," but Alyssa knew what she was talking about right away. She said, "Yeah, Mom, you know a shoe horn for putting on your skinny jeans."


 At one point, Rebekah was sitting in the stroller, relaxing and waiting for a boat to pick us up when she saw some ducks in the field that she wanted to talk to. She ran over, the ducks immediately scattered and she came running back to us. The ducks knew better, they recognized trouble coming when they saw it!!


 I don't love water rides, but I agreed to ride the log ride with Alyssa knowing we were going to get at least a little wet. She was sure though that she had convinced me that we would stay dry. After the big splash at the bottom she was laughing hysterically thinking she had pulled a fast one on me :-) She loved the water park side of Dutch Wonderland, where she talked me into several water slides. It was fun.


 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Again, I really like the slide show!

Looks like a fun theme park, I love the big grins your girls are wearing in almost every picture :)

I'm not a huge fan of water rides either, no matter how hot it is. I just hate walking around in wet clothes :)