Sunday, July 18, 2010

Quality, Value, Convenience

Dave's Mom loves QVC and is probably one of their most valued customers! Around holidays and special occasions, she always sends us the yummiest stuff ~ Nathan's Hot dogs, Cheryl & Co. cookies, Miss Prindables caramel apples, they're all our favorites. So when we were near West Chester, Pa. we knew we had to stop in for their Studio Tour.
 It was a really impressive tour, I had no idea all the different pieces that need to go together in order for QVC to run. The first thing I learned was that the "C" in QVC does not stand for "Control." For some reason, I mistakenly thought it was Quality, Value, Control and I thought that had a nice ring to it, but Convenience makes so much more sense.


 While we waited for the tour to begin, the tv in the lobby told us that Rachel Ray was there in the studio filming. What luck!


 We sat in the studio and watched her on the stage as she filmed a segment briefly. We weren't able to talk with her or anything, but it was still cool just to be able to see her in person. Her 30 Minute Meals show completely changed the way I cook around the time Emma was born.


 On the Studio Tour.


 Alyssa loved all the cosmetics. The girls each bought a pair of earrings with their own spending money that my mom had given them, and Dave's mom got me Rachel Ray's special of the day. I know QVC has a special name for the item they feature each day, I just can't remember the catchy name they use. I'm super excited about it! It's a serving tray that I can bring snacks to the girls school in, and it includes a thermal bag for carrying everything in. Very, very cool! Thank you!


 




















The girls posing by the different hosts. Alyssa managed to knock one of these life size cut outs over. No worries, nothing got broken, but it's really something only one of my girls could have managed :-)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

haha, just seeing the excitement in Dave's mom's face made me smile. How nice that you get to benefit from her love for QVC shopping :)