Friday, July 3, 2009

Emma's Gymnastics

Ready to go into the gym!!


The 3 girls, looking at books while they wait for gymnastics to start.


Reading to her little sister.


Rebekah looking out at the gym. It was really difficult to take pics from where the parents are supposed to watch!! I think they would have let me go into the gym if I had asked, but the team girls were practicing, and I knew that would have distracted me, so I did the best I could from the viewing balcony.


Doing a bridge.


Every picture I have of Emma on bars came out very blurry. The teacher helped her do two pullovers, and then on her 3rd try she did it by herself. The teacher asked her if she had taken classes at a different gym, and Emma told her "no," then proceeded to give her an account of my gymnastics history.


Getting up on the high beam. She seemed to like it better than the low ones.


V Sit.


Kicks.


I thought she looked very gymnast-like in this pose. They were doing pivot turns in this postion.


The beginning of her cartwheel.


Again because of the glass between us, something weird happened in this photo, and she appears to have no legs in this cartwheel.


One of her teachers giving her a new yellow ribbon to replace the one she lost in the gym the day before.


Showing me her stamp. She LOVES gymnastics, and after her first 3 week session, they moved her up to the next level, but we haven't decided yet if she'll keep going. If she insists, I'm sure we'll sign her up again, we just don't know for sure yet.

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

haha, looks like a lot of time spent in the gym again might be in both of our futures.