Friday, July 3, 2009

Duckie's Afternoon with Mommy and Daddy

This afternoon, Alyssa was still at First Stage and Emma had a birthday party, so Rebekah had both Dave and me completely to herself. This is a pretty rare occasion!


We had a kind of quiet afternoon of making Hawaiian salad, (or marshmallow fruit salad as Daddy calls it since there is nothing Hawaiian about it according to him) playing dress up, and coloring at the kitchen table. And I just noticed she is looking so tan in all of these pictures!


She ran up to me showing this ring and saying, "This is my very delicate ring, I must be careful." The "stone" is an eraser :)


On our way to pick up Alyssa, we left about 45 minutes early so we could golf at a little practice course on the way. I snapped a picture of Kamele sleeping in the stroller, since this too, is a pretty rare occurrence.


She woke up on the 2nd hole. "Somebody waked up," as she likes to tell me.


She had a lot of fun walking the tiny course with us. She kept wanting to pick up the oversized golf balls that mark where you are supposed to tee off. It's a good thing that it is a very laid back practice course!!


Daddy showed her how to use the golf ball washer.


Here she is talking to her ball, saying that it's all dirty again.


Once Daddy showed her how to do this, she ran ahead to the next hole where she was very sneaky in climbing across the bench to wash her golf ball.


All clean now!

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

what a fun day for Duckie! I bet she loved having you and Dave all to herself for a few hours.