Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Fun at Home and School

A fun pumpkin party in Kamele's class:
 Kamele's teachers set up a pin the nose on the pumpkin game, bowling with a stuffed pumpkin ball, a trick or treat toss, and lots of pumpkin goodies to eat. It was an exciting and completely pumpkin afternoon!

After snack time, one of her teachers handed Rebekah a wipe and asked her in German to clean off the table. She got right to work, but I noticed her missing several crumbs and spots of frosting on the table. I started to help Rebekah, and with her sweet {but stern!} German accent the teacher scolded me, Frau Sachs, (when she says our last name, it sounds like Zaaaahks) it doesn't matter how she's doing it, she needs to learn to do it herself. Something most moms need to hear every once in a while, I guess.


 These pumpkin gooey fingers plus...


 These slippery pumpkin slosh hands plus...


 These seed plucking pointers and pinkies equals...


 A cutie pumpkin face!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

great pumpkin!

Kinda funny that you got scolded by Rebekah's teacher :) Totally something I would do to!

Michelle said...

(the helping my child clean up part... just wanted to be clear you didn't think I would have scolded you too, haha).

jessica said...

I knew what you meant :-)

I often have to remind myself to wait until the girls leave the room before I go over something they have already "cleaned up". They're not always very thorough, but I do want to esteem their efforts when they offer to help.