Tuesday, December 8, 2009

a wonderful season...

It's snowing this morning, and Rebekah and I were out running errands before the big snowstorm arrives. We were catching snowflakes in our hair and on our tongues, and it just felt so much like Christmas! For me, it's very easy at this time of year to get so busy running around, doing things that seem {and maybe are} quite important, that I miss out on the fun of small things like getting caught up in a flurry of snowflakes. While I'm sure there will continue to be a lot of running around, I'm determined to slow down and enjoy everything this Christmas season!
 
Didn't the girls do a nice job with our tree? And the peaceful nighttime photo of it just sparkles :-)
I know I mentioned this in an earlier post, but Rebekah's constant remark for anything Christmas related over the last week or so has been, "This is the best Christmas ever!!" I love her excitement this year, it is so much fun and very contagious. Seeing Christmas through the eyes of a three year old, just taking the time to see what she sees, is an amazing gift.


 

The girls' boots all lined up after a visit from St. Nick.


 
As I was trying to walk out the door this morning, Rebekah asked for one of her chocolate Santas that she dug out of her boot. I had to say no {it wasn't even 9am yet}, but she continued to unwrap him, telling me that she just wanted to give him a kiss! She was true to her word, he's still safe inside a ziploc bag.

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

She sure looks like Alyssa to me in that last picture of her kissing her chocolate Santa :) how cute.