Thursday, December 17, 2009

Alyssa's Christmas Boutique!

Because Alyssa's birthday is close to Thanksgiving, we ended up postponing a party with friends until this past weekend. When we talked about a theme for the party, she knew immediately that she wanted to do Christmas crafts with her friends, and she decided to call her party, The Christmas Boutique. I loved her idea, and it turned out to be so much fun!
 
All the girls love when I put up signs and decorations for their birthdays. It's a fun surprise when they wake up on their birthday morning to see what we've done in the living room. I enjoy decorating a lot too, and the Christmas theme could not have been easier or any more fun.


 
Some of the Christmas crafts all set up and waiting for the guests.


 
Gift bags for her friends.


 
Ka'iulani loved the streamers hung in the door way. She kept pushing her way through them dramatically and saying, "I feel like I'm walking up on stage on Broadway!" She was of course saying this in her fanciest voice.


 
On Friday night, McKenzie and Martina stayed over. All the girls enjoyed the crafts a lot {much to my relief, it would have pretty much ruined the whole "boutique" theme if I had chosen crafts that the kids weren't excited about} I collaged a bunch of the pics below because there were so many I wanted to share, this post would have gone on forever if I posted them individually.

 
This is Ka'iulani's most prized ornament that she made. I thought she did a great job too :-) In the photo where she's making a funny smile, she is admiring Martina's work on her own ornament.


 
Little Kamele painting a green, yellow, and red Christmas puppy. For a while it was only yellow and green, I told her she needed to add another color. I realize we live in Packer Country, and we're probably one of the few people that ARE NOT fans, but I also knew Dave would cringe at a green and gold ornament on the tree.


 
Emma proud of her globe ornament. In one of the pics she is painting a Christmas dove yellow. She thought I had offered her a Christmas Duck. When one of the older girls complimented her cute yellow dove, she threw up her arms saying, "It's a dove? Then why am I painting it yellow??" It came out very cute, although she was disappointed with the misunderstanding.


 
Rebekah loved the foil confetti that we stuffed in the glass ball ornaments. It was fun watching her scatter it around. These ornaments were surprisingly easy to make, she did most of it on her own.


 
The kids had a blast making brownie sundaes. We had the most festive Christmas sprinkles to top the ice cream and whipped cream. I love how the girls look so happy.


 
Making sundaes.


 
More silly laughter over their dessert ~ these sundaes must have been awesome :-)


 
A few of the Christmas concoctions. They were yummy!


 
And what Boutique isn't complete without a session of Wii Sing It?


 
Emma was all excited to play with the older girls! We had two more friends spend the night on Saturday, and it took her just about all afternoon on Sunday to recover from back to back sleepovers with her big sisters friends.


 
Some of the globe ornaments we made on Saturday night.


 
One of my favorite ornaments.


 
On Saturday night some of the streamers came down. The girls were running through the living room waving them all around. It looked like they were doing rhythmic gymnastics. Alyssa was telling the girls, "Remember our training from Fine Arts Camp? Do that!!" I had no idea they learned anything like that last summer.


 
Some {but not all!} of the ornaments the girls painted over the weekend.


 
With our Saturday guests, Annalese and Julianna. We decorated cupcakes instead of brownie sundaes.


 
Emma loving all the sprinkles!


 
Rebekah making a huge mess as she decorates her own cupcake.


 
Not so sure about the cupcake...way too many sprinkles!!


 
Alyssa and Julianna having a serious conversation about the book Julianna gave her, Homer Price.



 
Alyssa and Julianna.


 
Alyssa and Annalese.


 
The girls with their ornaments.
It was really fun to have a Christmas craft themed party. Even if we don't do this as a birthday celebration again, it would be such a great tradition to continue with friends!

3 comments:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

What a fun idea for a party! Looks like all the girls had so much fun! where did you buy all your ornament craft stuff?

jessica said...

I got most of our ornament supplies at Jo Ann Fabric. I don't know what craft store chains you have in your area, but I think any craft supply place would have similar items. {Michael's, Hobby Lobby etc?)

For the glass ball ornaments, I got a package of 12 empty glass globes for just over $2. They also had a 6 pack (of a different brand) for the same price. Maybe if you get the more expensive ones the glass would be a little thicker ~ I crushed one of ours in my hand, the glass was very delicate. The letters/swirls on them are just stickers that they would have any place that scrapbooking stuff is sold. Then we just stuffed them with colorful shreds of paper/foil.

The ornaments that they were painting came from JoAnn's and they were only 69 cents each, plus I got them for 60% off, so it was quite a bargain!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

I'll have to check out JoAnn Fabric next year. (we have that store here too :) That would be fun Christmas crafts to do with the kids while they are on break from school! I'll remember to buy the 6 pack instead of the 12 pack of glass ornaments :)

Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!