Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Room 44's "Not So Much" Halloween Party

Ka'iulani's teacher granted them a Halloween party as a reward for good classroom behavior and hard work on some strenuous assignments. It was a lot of fun for them because they got to dress up in their costumes, which is something none of our girls have had the privilege of doing before at school. I was surprised when she told me they were having an actual "Halloween" party and she told me, "Well it's not so much Halloween, it's just a party we can dress up for."
 
By her castle that she and Daddy worked really hard on. It's one of the big projects that required lots of work that I mentioned above. After a lot of consideration of what she would go as, she decided on Bride Minnie Mouse.


 
The kids waiting for Herr Klein to tell them what is next. Rebekah sat right down with Alyssa's classmates like she belonged there all the time.


 
Alyssa's friend, Martina wanted to carry Rebekah everywhere. They were being silly and having lots of fun.


 
Laughing at Martina and Rebekah. I think Tina got a little more than she bargained for with Rebekah.


 
Class photo.


 
Ka'iu and Kamele looking a lot alike.


 
Watching the big kids from a distance.


 
Running to catch up as we go inside.


 
Concentrating on her word search. They had a lot of fun puzzles waiting for them at their desks.


 
Laughing at something funny the teacher said (it was in German and I forgot to ask her about it afterwards, so I still don't know what she was laughing at). I love her sense of humor sometimes, notice how she's laughing so hard she's covering her face, and the girl behind her, Stephanie, is just looking at her wondering what's so funny.


 
Still laughing, by now she had added her own commentary that she also thought was funny. After games, they watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I was very glad to be able to be at both girls' parties. This is the first year since our girls have been in school that I am not a room parent, so I was especially thankful to be involved in their parties, even if I'm not the one planning them this year!


 
Her big castle project up close. This is probably the most extensive school project she's had so far. They studied about castles and then had to build one of their own with specific requirements of certain buildings. They also had two writing assignments that went along with the project. She decided back in 2nd grade that she wanted to have a castle in Germany one day, and this project solidified that decision for her.


 
Long before we knew about the castle assignment, I stumbled upon the "Sachs Family Crest" while googling something unrelated. When we were decorating the castle, I remembered having seen it, so I printed out a couple for her to put on the castle's turrets.

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Very cute new dress! =) I'm glad you were able to attend both the girls' parties! It is so fun to watch your child interact and participate in class activities.