Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sorry, No Pictures.

Yesterday afternoon I took the girls and their friends, Jaydon and McKenzie to the lakeshore. We almost didn't go because all the kids were pretty content to play in the yard, so I figured why interfere with that? But when I suggested the lakeshore, the kids were excited and they packed up all their sand buckets in a flash.

They built an awesome sand castle with several tourets and even a moat. All the kids were posing for a picture with it when my camera beeped at me: "No Memory Card." Oooops! They were disappointed that I couldn't capture their castle in a photograph but still had a great afternoon just enjoying the pleasant summer weather. It reminded me how quickly these summer afternoons are disappearing on us. We probably won't have many more of those afternoons at the lake this season. The girls start school September 1st (big bummer), and while they are excited and all their school gear is pretty much ready to go, I'm not quite ready to send them back yet. It's been so nice to go on long summer weekends, watch the kids run around the yards with their friends, be lenient with bedtimes, and we've had a lot of fun just doing summer stuff, so it's sad to see all that come to an end.

I share the girls' excitement to find out which teacher they'll have and who their classmates will be. But without a doubt, fall is just around the corner, and we will miss having Alyssa and Emma home with us all day!! We'll be bringing out our jeans and long sleeves before we know it!

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

I feel the same way... I'm not ready for summer to end. I really enjoy having the kids home and going on fun outings, and long weekend getaways. However, it's a bittersweet feeling for me, because fall (Sept 1 -Dec 31) is my favorite time of the year.