Monday, June 27, 2011

Workin' at the Car Wash

After so much rain lately, yesterday afternoon was just about as perfect as summer weather gets. The girls and Dave planned to wash the cars, and just as they were walking out the back door the neighbor girls came up asking if our girls wanted to play. Since there was no way our girls wanted to miss out on washing the cars {it's a favorite summer chore} they invited their friends, Katie and Allie to come over and help.
IMG_6572
While they were playing (I mean washing the cars), I kept thinking of the Car Wash Song. I had the melody in my head, but couldn't remember very many of the words, so I had to google it...


IMG_6582
Come summer


IMG_6591
the work gets kinda hard.


IMG_6590
This ain't no place to be


IMG_6609
if ya planned on being a star.


IMG_6621
Let me tell you it's always cool


IMG_6625
and the boss don't mind sometimes if ya act a fool.


IMG_6622
At the car wash...
Talkin' about the car wash yeah!


At one point, I heard the girls' friend Allie tell Dave, "Thank you for inviting us over to wash your cars, this is fun!" I laughed and thought to myself, come on over to play anytime! We've got lots more work to do!
IMG_6632
A few good slip and slide races seemed in order when the work was done. I thought both Alyssa and Katie looked to be having a very intense slide on this turn.


IMG_6656
The girls had fun and there was only one minor injury...Katie got a very small bloody nose when her sister kicked her in the face. I've often thought slip and slides were one of the most dangerous toys ever invented.


IMG_6660
I love Summer! I love the smell of sunscreen and BBQs, and the sounds of little girls kind of giggling, kind of screaming as they slip and slide in the backyard.

2 comments:

heather said...

Love this post (especially the song lyrics)...adorable!

Michelle said...

Isn't it great when you can make ordinary "chores" into such a FUN playdate! Glad all the girls had fun! And you got your cars washed out of the deal!