Sunday, June 26, 2011

CYT ~ OZ

I think I figured out, or I should really say Dave found a solution to the issues I was having with posting pictures last week. It will take me a few days to put up all my post dated entries, and I'm still playing around with the size of the photos, but I hope to get everything done in the next few days. I restored the pictures in a post of Rebekah's below.

Last Friday we went to see the end of the week showcase for the CYT camp that Alyssa and Emma did by my parents' house. The theme this year was The Wizard of Oz, and was loosely based on some highlights from the Broadway play Wicked. I have not seen the play, so I can't say how similar they were, but some of the music was familiar, and the girls loved it...they are still singing all the songs!!
IMG_6512
Alyssa's response to being offered a lifetime supply of hotdogs. She can turn just about anything into a skit, and the CYT camps she has done the last two summers have been the perfect outlet for her dramatic energy. She has enjoyed them so much!!


IMG_6499
Just a little bit of sass. She's a different child in front of an audience.


IMG_6493
At one point, Emma was on the far side of the stage and I couldn't see her immediately, but I could hear her voice. It's a bit of a story, but she doesn't pronounce the letter "R" well, she'll start speech in the fall to help correct this. I've known for a long time that she should have outgrown the mispronunciation, but because she doesn't make the same error when speaking German, they just recently referred her to the speech teacher. I'm always so proud when she speaks confidently in front of an audience. She's so happy all the time, and it doesn't seem to shake her in the least that she might sound a little different, and that, along with her relative ease at success with her schoolwork, is possibly why she wasn't referred earlier. I'll almost be sad to hear those silly R's go.


IMG_6503
There was such fun and cute choreography to the show ~ nonstop action. The girls loved it.


IMG_6489
It was great to see everything they learned all week and to watch how much fun they were having! I'm still amazed that in about 4 and half days they can put an entire show together. Thank you again so much to my parents for having the girls all week, bringing them to camp and allowing them to have such a great experience!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How fun for the girls! My oldest two would LOVE to do something like that! If you ever get the opportunity to see Wicked, TAKE it!! It's amazing, definitely one of my favorite plays!

PS-Ava can't say her R's very well either. (rock sounds more like walk).