Thursday, June 23, 2011

a wonderful week with rebekah

IMG_6427
Our two older girls have spent this whole week at G&G's house. They are so excited to be doing a Christian Youth Theater camp down in IL. and I've been spending lots of one on one time with this little cupcake. She helped me make brownies the other night, and she kept sneaking bites of the raw batter.


IMG_6432
The weather has tried to foil our plans in more than one way throughout the week. Tuesday was rainy, so I thought I would take Rebekah to the movies. As we drove to the theater, the storms really picked up, and she had fun watching the wild lightening show. When we arrived, there was a power outage which caused them to cancel the rest of the shows that afternoon. I took her to a paint your own pottery place, where she was happy to paint a flower shaped jewelry box.


IMG_6438
The weather was hit or miss the next day too, but we did get to enjoy about an hour at a nearby wading pool before the rain started up again. Almost without warning the sky turned cloudy and it started pouring leaving us to quickly grab our belongings and sprint to the van. It was nice while it lasted!


IMG_6480
I've had such a fun time with Rebekah this week. She always has a very funny sense of humor, but being on her own makes her all that much more entertaining. I'm enjoying her constant chattiness, that I think sometimes doesn't get the attention it deserves. I love when little kids use expressions they hear grown ups using in conversation. She keeps telling me "By the way..." and she's almost using the expression in correct context, but not quite. So funny! And I almost forgot how easy it is to have just one child, I'm actually on time to all the places we need to be :-)

Thank you so much to my parents who have been taking care of Alyssa and Emma all week, bringing them to camp, and undoubtedly showering them with love and fun! I know the girls are having a blast!

3 comments:

tracie said...

i've got hunter this week to myself too!! the bigs are at a week-long camp, so hunt has curt and i all to herself {we're in northern wi right now}. she's a completely different kid and i'm loving it!!

really does make me wonder what goes through her little mind when her sisters are around!

blessings for sure!!

Lori said...

How fun to get to spend some one-on-one with your little cupcake. She is such a doll, i'm sure she's loving getting you ALL to herself. Love, "By the way ... " ;) And as for your weather ... can I just tell you how much I miss the mid-west and those crazy storms? We just don't get anything like it here in Vegas, and I miss that. Your parents are so sweet to take care of your older two while they're at camp. I'm glad you guys are enjoying your Summer so far!

Michelle said...

Read this post earlier, but had to come back to see the pictures :) Glad I did, she's so darn cute!