Sunday, June 12, 2011

Congratulations, Sweet Alyssa!

I sat down to recap our last week, and for Alyssa alone it was way too much to jam into one post, but I wanted to quickly post just a snip-it before I got too derailed with school finishing up this week.
 




















Wednesday night was the Crowning Ceremony at church. It's the culmination of six years of membership to the Wednesday night MPact Girls Ministries clubs. It's a really special time to honor the girls and their growth in Christ. We are very, very proud of Alyssa!


 














Daddy-Daughter Sweetness.

I will be getting more photos of the ceremony sometime soon. I don't have many because it was hard to take photos as both Dave and I were part of the ceremony. Suffice it to say that I don't know that it's ever possible to be entirely prepared to see your little girl being walked down the isle of your church by her dad. Very sweet and heart warming, also having the potential to be tear invoking ~ I held it together though.


 




















Back in April, the 5th graders were asked to submit drawings for the yearbook cover. I was in the school office right before afternoon pick up one day last week and I saw stacks of yearbooks in each teacher's mailbox. My heart just about jumped up into my throat as I saw the front cover ~ it was Alyssa's drawing!! Just as I knew she would be, she was over the moon excited that her drawing was picked. And since she has called all her most proud people {all her Grandparents!} to tell them about it, I figured I had better post a picture of her first ever published design.

4 comments:

heather said...

Congratulations Alyssa! So awesome!!

tracie said...

congratulations to you all!! i remember what seems like yesterday when i was being crowned!

and i love the year book drawing!!

Michelle said...

Wow, that is a great drawing Alyssa! Your friends here in Washington are so proud of all your accomplishments, way to go!

Lori said...

Congratulations to Alyssa ... that drawing is awesome! And the ceremony ... Jess, you are tear-invoking me too .... stop ... i'm already super emotional these days. =) Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures to come. I hope you guys are having a great Summer so far!!!