Sunday, February 14, 2010

We {Heart} Valentines Day

For the last several weeks as all the stores have been wall to wall hearts and flowers, I have felt like buying up all the cutesy Valentine decor! I love all the cute heart, stripes, and polka dot prints in every shade of pink, red, and chocolate. Cute little hand towels and oven mitts decorated with coffee cups whose steam billows up in the shape of hearts. Everything I see is really pretty, and I find myself wanting it all :-)
 
The funny thing is that I'm not usually all that caught up in Valentines. In fact, as the countdown to Valentines parties begins at school, Ka'eo is always the one who buys the girls their valentines. Yes, he really picks them out himself! And he always does a great job! I think my favorite thing about Valentines Day when I was growing up was that my dad would always buy me some candies and a card. So I am thankful that Ka'eo indulges our girls in the same way.
 
The shopping was certainly in order this year. Each of the girls needed about 25 for both school and church (with Kamele needing fewer, however not including their "besties" who required more than one valentine!), so we had well over 100 Valentines to make. Making the valentines was fun, and almost all of them were handmade which added to the work, but the girls loved it.
 
I had the best intentions this year of getting the girls all dressed up in pink and red and trying to get some really girly pics, but poor little Rebekah was feeling sick with a runny nose and cough. For her sake, we had to postpone the photos, but who knows, maybe I'll still get it done?
 
Alyssa during her class V Party.
 
Emma and her friend, Bella showing me their cute tie-dyed valentines. Emma said hers was a Hawkeye Valentine.
 
Grandpa giving heart shaped marshmallow lollipops to the girls. YUM!

From our little valentines...
 

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

That's so sweet that Dave shops for all his girls on Valentine's Day! They look excited to open their gifts :) I love how excited kids get for holidays and fun family traditions that go along with them.