Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Day of Play with Rebekah

It's been really cold and snowy here for the last couple of days, so Rebekah and I haven't gotten out too much, except when it was time to go pick up the big girls from school. Lately I find myself cracking up at every other word out of her mouth, it's just such a fun age. And I'm not the only one, she often has her sisters and Daddy amused too :-)
 
Rebekah got this cute teddybear, TJ Beary Tales for Christmas from Great Grandmommy and Great Granddaddy when she was one. The teddy bear reads storybooks, and when she first got it, she was just amazed that this little guy could talk. She constantly tried sticking her fingers in his mouth to figure out how it worked, and she loved him!


 
Now this is her playing with TJ earlier today. Now that she is older, she's a lot more inquisitive about his voice, pushing all the buttons on his backpack, and she's very matter of fact about describing him, telling me, "He's a robot, Mom! I really mean it, he's a robot!!"


 
She also listens to TJ's stories a lot more carefully now.


 
I bet Great Mommy and Great Daddy didn't realize they were getting her a toy she'd still be playing with two years later ;-) She loves him!


 
It's hard to tell in these pictures, but Kamele has not been feeling that well, she's had a bad runny nose for over a week. Later this same day, she had to stay home from church with Dad and she was sleeping by 7pm. But after listening to stories, we still had fun earlier in the day building a railroad with the girls' Geo Tracks set.


 
She loved putting the track together, and telling me the jobs that each of the pieces had.


 
I enjoyed some of her choices for the things that would ride on the train cars.
 
"I'll stop you on the bridge..."


 
"Okay, go through now!"


 
Lately whenever she does something by accident {like spilling something, or causing a train crash like in this pic} she'll dramatically say, "Phew, that was a close one!" No, that really was a crash {or a huge puddle of chocolate milk to mop up}.
Once after breaking a beaded necklace of Kahiwa's, she handed it to her big sister and said, "I'm sorry I broke this. It was really close!" Emma responded with the comment that has often been my first reaction as well, "My necklace is broken, how could that have been close?"
I don't remember A or E going through a phase like this where they thought a cute little response or flashing a cheesy smile could negate whatever naughty thing they just did. Leave it to the baby...


 
I loved this photo. She was getting frustrated because a gate she had set up on the track was not stopping the train from moving through. I think that was actually what started her using her hands to stop the train. I loved her little look of disapproval at the train and her hand on her hip ~ as if a little attitude might get the job done.


 
Hmmmm, that's not quite what I wanted either.


 
Got it! I'm so thankful for this little smile, even when she is feeling under the weather!

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

that same cold/cough/runny nose has been going around our house this week too :( I hope she's feeling better! I can't believe how much she's changed since her 1st birthday. Despite not feeling her best, it looks like she enjoys her time with JUST you.