Friday, February 19, 2010

French Immersion's Mardi Gras

Earlier this week, French Immersion School had a Mardi Gras celebration. Since many of the girls' teammates go to school at MFIS, their club did a little gymnastics exhibition as part of Mardi Gras. I didn't take that many photos, just because the lighting was making it difficult to get good shots. But the girls had a lot of fun...
 
 
This is right before their performance, when Alyssa turned around and saw that Dave had just arrived from work.
 
 
 
They are working on a brand new routine, and that's why they are looking towards their left in the pics, they are following the cues of one of the older girls.
 
Again, I didn't do that well with photos today, I think this is the landing of Emma's cartwheel?
 
Pretty lunge from Ka'iulani too :-)
 

3 comments:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Cute leos! Isn't it fun to watch your daughter (and in your cases... daughters) do gymnastics :)

jessica said...

Aren't they cute leos? They had to take like 30 measurements of the girls and then get them shipped in from Australia...how high maintenance is that? :-)

Yes, I love watching them do gymnastics, it's fun and brings back so many good memories...but they have moved them to two nights a week instead of one, and pretty soon, I'm sure they'll be asked to do even more than that. I'm not sure if I'm ready to live and breathe this sport all over again. I wouldn't ever want to hold them back from something they really love, but there are quite a few other things they have a lot of interest in too, and we can't do everything so...

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

yeah, I hear you! As soon as Ava turns 4 they want her to start 2 days a week. For whatever reason, they're under the impression because I was myself a gymnast, that I would want to "fast track" her to competing and moving up levels. They want to have her ready to compete level 4 by age 6, and the idea makes me squirm a bit. A) I'm not ready to live and breathe the sport again (like you said), and B) it's so dangerous... I think of all the little (and big) falls I took and it makes me cringe thinking of something happening to her. I love watching her, but I love watching her play baseball and sing songs , etc. :) So for now, I just want gymnastics to be "fun" for her...