Friday, February 12, 2010

These Funny Girls

I'm not sure if it's the cold weather freezing my brain, or if it's just these girls finding humor in the smallest things, but we had a few good laughs today.
 
It all started when Kamele and I were looking through a deck of brain quest cards and as I asked her the question on this card (What is this man doing?) She very confidently told me he was brushing his teeth.


 
I told her to look closer, so she did, then I asked her if she lathers her entire face up like this when she brushes her teeth. She laughed at me like the suggestion was silly, and told me she wasn't "messy like that." Maybe Dave should let her watch him shave sometime, because she clearly had no idea what he was doing.



Alyssa had library at school yesterday, and some of her most favorite books to check out are the various editions of The World Record Book that their library has. This in itself is a little amusing to me because she could pour over these books for days, just soaking up all the very interesting {!?} records. I think that secretly, she may hope to hold a record of her own one day :-)
 
Well, Alyssa brought home the 2009 edition, and just look what Emma stumbled upon. She didn't even ask any of the seemingly obvious questions that might come as a result from seeing the lady in blue. In whole-hearted disbelief she shook her head and asked me where I thought the lady might be able to buy any clothes that would fit her. Thanks, little Em! I needed a good laugh.


 
In addition to the book of World Records, Alyssa thought of me on her trip to the library. She was so proud to show me her selection of a book she wanted me to read: 101 Secrets A Cool Mom Knows.
 
She flipped right open to #89 which is How to Jump Start a Car. She pointed this out because a few weeks ago my car battery died while at school {at a very inopportune time, I should add. I was less than a half hour away from coaching my first gymnastics class in over 15 years, and my stomach was full of butterflies as it was} and I had to ask a friend for help. Thankfully, I was able to look at #89 and tell her that was one I don't need to worry about. We have Ms. Melissa to help us with that one!

Well, I better go, I have a lot of recommended reading to catch up on. Alyssa's sweet gesture to keep me in the ranks of "cool moms."

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

That's too funny! I obviously need to read that book too because I have NO CLUE how to jump start a car, LOL.