Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Observer

Most of the time the girls take the bus to school in the mornings, and I pick them up in the afternoon. Often they will point out places as we drive by and tell me that their bus drives by it in the mornings. Sometimes, I think they must be wrong because we are in really random places when they tell me that :-) After school the other day Alyssa described a location to me and told me there were some beautiful flowers that would make the prettiest bouquet. She wondered if anyone would mind if she picked them.
IMG_0450
The next time I drove past the place she mentioned, I took special notice of where she had described the flowers location to be. When I looked out there, I was surprised that she had noticed them from the road. They are very discreetly located right behind the tree, you can kind of see them in the tree's shadow.
IMG_0448
Alyssa and I share a love of tulips and she was right, they were beautiful and bright. She had given me very precise directions, describing the tree, the shed I would see behind the tree, and their proximity to the nearby traffic light.

Photo 132 of 365, taken May 16th:
IMG_0447
I felt like pulling off to take a picture was making me look suspicious (the flowers are near the entrance to a National Guard Refueling Wing, and I didn't want the intentions of my picture taking in a government protected field to be misunderstood) but at the time, I knew I had to get a picture for her since she loved them so much. It wasn't until later that I got to thinking about how much she had admired the flowers from such a distance but never got to see them as closely as I did.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love tulips too :) Good eye, Alyssa.

Michelle said...

I keep checking in hoping to see new posts :) I'm sure your end of the year was crazy busy like ours. Hope you're enjoying your summer so far!