Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rebekah Goes to the Domes

For the first few days of Spring Break, the two older girls are staying with my parents, so I am having lots of alone time with Rebekah. Yesterday, we went to the domes.

The theme of the show dome right now is Blue Bayou.
Photo 86 of 365, taken April 1st:
IMG_9864
04April33
The flowers were beautiful, as always.
IMG_9866
And my company was pretty sweet too...
IMG_9887
IMG_9893
IMG_9885
04April34
I got such a kick out of seeing the things that interested Rebekah the most...above are three things she insisted I take a picture of.
04April32
In the arid dome she liked the silly names of some of the cacti. Pictured here are living baseballs, fingers and toes, baby toes and little pickles. She read all these names, giggling the whole time.
IMG_9854

Photo 87 of 365, also taken April 1st:
IMG_9899
Inspired by all the plants at the domes, we came home to start some cucumber, lettuce and spinach seeds in a window planter. We invited Rebekah's friend, Skylar over to help. The lettuce and spinach seeds were so tiny, the girls could hardly see what they were planting, so I may have some pods with dozens of seeds in them, and some with next to none.

This was the first April Fool's day in a few years that I have not prepared some kind of "trick recipe" for the girls. It didn't seem like quite as much fun without the older two girls here to share it, and Rebekah gladly eats just about any veggie I put in front of her, so I couldn't have pulled any prank on her that would not have been welcomed. Just wait until next year, girls...with a year off I'm sure to come up with something great next April 1st.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The Blue Bayou theme was really cute! Can't help but think of Disneyland :) Hope you have some yummy veggies this summer!! What great helpers.