Thursday, April 25, 2013

Alyssa's First Paying Gig

Photo 110 of 365, taken April 23rd:
IMG_20130423_090048
The other day I was cleaning up a shelf that I hardly ever pay any attention to, when I found these ~ Alyssa's first paychecks. She earned them during the run of A Christmas Carol at The Rep. I completely forgot they were even here at the house, and they weren't a huge amount of money at all, just a reimbursement for travel costs, but her savings account got a nice little deposit. She has been offered a babysitting job for the summer, and she is not sure yet whether she's going to take it {I'm not sure if I'm ready for that either, to be honest :-)}, but I thought years from now she might appreciate the memory of her first paying job ever, and I'm sure she'll love that it was with a great theatre company.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

very cool memory! Cristian still has the first dollar he made playing baseball, haha. :) Coach said "I'll give you a dollar if you ______" (I forget exactly what he said, it was last year). Well, he did, and coach followed through with that dollar :-)