Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hanauma Bay

DSC_3604
Earlier this week we went snorkeling in this bay. It is so pretty there, way more beautiful than a postcard picture...no photo does it justice.


DSC_3591


DSC_3595


IMG_8366
It was really hard to take pictures of the girls while they were snorkeling, this picture was taken while standing above the water, but we did have one of those plastic encased, under water cameras. I'm curious to find out if any of those photos will come out because we were seeing the most beautiful fish. I don't think I have ever seen so many different kind of fish all in the same place. They were so brightly colored, and the water was so clear it made it perfect for looking at them.


IMG_8395
Looking at a sea cucumber.


IMG_8449


IMG_8408


IMG_8397


IMG_8383


DSC_3574


IMG_8456
Here Kamele is holding a "canoe" she found on the beach. I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do with all the shells, rocks, palms etc that the girls keep collecting everywhere we go. They will be heartbroken to leave them behind, but I don't see how we can bring them home.


IMG_8404


IMG_8476


DSC_3568
As we were leaving Hanauma Bay, I asked Rebekah how she liked it there, and wasn't it beautiful? She responded, "Yes, I can hardly believe my own eyes." That pretty much sums up the experience!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My favorite place to snorkel on all the islands!! So beautiful there :) Nice to see you in some pictures too!

Lori said...

GORGEOUS!!! And what a beautiful family picture too! That little Rebekah cracks me up ... =)