Saturday, July 16, 2011

Little Rock Collectors

The lakeshore is beautiful in the summer and we have not gotten there as much as we would like to this year. One of my favorite things about the lake is how it looks so cold and frigid in the winter, yet come summer, it is so welcoming and pretty blue. These pics I took yesterday do not do it justice. They came out very grey, I'm not sure if I didn't have the settings right for the time of day it was or what, but I was a little disappointed.
IMG_7309
As nice as the lake is, we will be somewhere even more beautiful in just over a week. The girls are getting very excited!

After having a picnic dinner at the lake last night, they spent a good part of our time there collecting rocks. I don't understand the fascination, but everywhere we go, they want to bring bags of rocks home with us.


IMG_7287


IMG_7291
When all else fails, lasso the rocks.


IMG_7301


IMG_7303


IMG_7305
I'm not sure what the pout is all about here, she was smiling seconds earlier. I think she just wanted me to know how hard she was working as she brought me the day's treasures.

2 comments:

tracie said...

that last shot is PRECIOUS!!!

Michelle said...

My kids like to collect rocks and shells too... I've never understood the fascination... but it certainly keeps them very occupied. :) Love the first pic of the girls!