Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fun, Fun, Fun, at Sea Life Park!

Today we went to the Waikiki Aquarium and Sea Life Park. All the photos below are from Sea Life Park where we had an amazing time. During one of the shows, a sea lion painted a picture for our sweet niece, we fed sea turtles, and saw an incredible dolphin show.
DSC_3182
To formally introduce our precious nieces and nephew, Alyssa is standing behind our nephew, Triton {aka Handsome}, his sister Charene is wearing blue in the middle, and Chariel is next to Emma. Dave's sister, Ku'ulei is on the far right, and all three babies belong to her and her husband, Addison.


The whole day was great, but I definitely thought a highlight was the dolphin show. Sea Life Park is home to the worlds only whalphin ~ the girls were awed. I'm curious if anyone can tell from the pics below, which one is the whalphin? It's mother is an atlantic bottle nose dolphin, and the father is a humpback whale.

It was a beautiful park and a wonderful experience!
IMG_7910


IMG_7911


IMG_7916


IMG_7920


IMG_7922


IMG_7923


IMG_7928


IMG_7930


IMG_7931


IMG_7932


The kids had such happy excited faces as they watched the shows.
IMG_7940


IMG_7955


IMG_7949


IMG_7963
Coaching the sea lion as it turns in circles.


IMG_7907
Granddaddy with Alyssa, Charene and Chariel.


IMG_7970
After we fed these huge sea turtles, as Granddaddy was holding Rebekah, she asked him if he could put her down in there so she could swim with them.


IMG_7984
The cousins in front of Rabbit Island.


DSC_3185
Adventure #1 on the trip was a huge hit ~ it was such a fun day for the little ones to play together!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

They all look so similar, so I'm not sure which one is the walphin?? What a fun family day in Paradise!!

jessica said...

Hi Michelle, I meant to respond sooner. Alyssa gave me such a hard time after she read this post, telling me that what I spelled "whalphin" should be wolphin...anyway...counting from the dolphin show pics, #3, 6, 7, 9, and 10, I believe are the wolphin. I honestly expected a bigger difference in appearance. Basically the wolphin was darker in color and a little thicker in the mid section. Our girls are very concerned about the extinction of the species when this one eventually dies...who knows why they have not bred more? It looked like a torpedo swimming through the water though ~ super powerful.

Michelle, if you get the chance email me the link to your blog. I'm using Dave's computer and I don't have it bookmarked or anything :-) I'd love to catch up!