Friday, October 23, 2009

Rebekah's Birdie Nest

 
This fall, Rebekah started the 3 year old Rainbow club at church. They get these navy blue vests that she is wearing, to sew on their badges as they earn them. The evening that she was given her vest, she came running into my classroom saying, "Look, my teacher gave me a birdie nest!!" The vest was all folded up compactly, and wrapped in plastic. I laughed a little, then felt bad looking at her excited little eyes, knowing we were in store for some disappointment.


 
This past Wednesday as we were getting ready for church, I took out the vest, and she looked at me, very perplexed. "That is NOT a NEST!" I explained the mix-up to her, and she had a renewed sense of excitement about the prospect of earning badges, so I figured we were good. Later that night, while we were setting up my classroom I realized that we had left the vest in our car. I asked her if she wanted to go out with me to get it. She didn't even look up from the puzzle she was working on, she just said, "No, that's okay, I'm not wearing that thing."

No comments: