Friday, October 23, 2009

Alyssa's Beautiful Dress From Mississippi Goes to the Symphony

My dad brought Alyssa home a beautiful navy blue dress from Mississippi that my grandmother sent for her. I think he thought she would be wearing it as a "dressing up" dress. The minute I saw it, I knew she would have other plans for it, and want to wear it all the time!
 
Alyssa loved the dress when my dad gave it to her, and immediately thought of her field trip to the symphony three days later. I had to pin the dress a little in the back so it would fit snug, but she could not have been happier that I let her wear the fancy dress, it's probably the most formal dress she has ever had. Also, here is closer up picture of her new hair cut. They had to cut off quite a bit to get the full 10 inches for donation, and she was so pleased with her new look.
 
The symphony field trips are a big deal to the kids because they are told to "dress their best", and of course this is exciting for fourth grade girls! She must have gotten compliments on the dress all day, because she was smiling ear to ear when I picked her up from school. She said that her friends were calling her "Prom Queen," and Alyssa is very much the nine year old version of one of our favorite story characters, Fancy Nancy so I know she loved every moment of looking her "fanciest." Nani also sent with my dad a baseball glove for Emma, which she loves, and some books for all the girls. Alyssa has LOVED the book about friendship, it's filled with fancy poetry, which she reads with lots of enthusiasm! Emma has had The Arc in the Park in her backpack all week, so I know she has been reading it during quiet reading time, and all the girls love the story of the 3 Billy Goats Gruff!
THANK YOU, NANI! And to GRANDPA for bringing the gifts!

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Jess, she is absolutely beautiful! And I think her hair cut really suites her. I can't believe how grown up she looks.