Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Iowa Game in Happy Valley

Dave went to Penn State with some friends to see the Iowa v. Penn State game a couple of weeks ago. Below are a few pics from that weekend.
 
Spelling out IOWA twice, I think?


 
They ate at a restaurant that claims to have the world's largest hamburger. It weighed 25 pounds (that's like having Rebekah on a sesame bun). I think Dave said that 8 of them shared it, and he was the only one to finish his portion. He said it wasn't that good ~ too much relish, but he never wastes anything!!



 
Dave and Nate pose by the Paterno statue.



 
The Nittany Lion.



 
The game was a rainy mess, so Dave didn't even bring our camera out, which he was really disappointed about. But you can't beat a Hawkeye victory over then ranked #5 Penn State. I was shocked when they won, but Dave said he had been confident all along!


I took the girls to visit my parents that same weekend...
 
My parents live in a relatively rural area, but it's not that rural so we were surprised nonetheless to see this horse-drawn wagon going down their street. Alyssa made me run down the road after it to click a photo.



 
We went out shopping with my mom because A and E needed new gymnastics leos, and Rebekah some shoes (which, Mom, she won't leave the new ones on her feet, I don't know what I am going to do with this girl once the weather gets any colder) and we ate lunch at Red Robin. Such a fun place, we love the milkshakes, and of course, the Red Robin.



 
Rebekah and Grandma. Thank you very much for the leos, they are so cool and fit perfectly!!

Back at home...
 
Dad brought home lots of ice cream from the Penn State creamery. It's delicious! He brought home: cookie dough, cookies and cream, death by chocolate, peachy paterno, and a chocolate chip cookie sandwich with mint chip in the middle for me. Something for everyone, and our freezer is stocked! The girls love sampling all of them.


 
I asked Bekah how she liked the ice cream and this was the face she gave me.



 
Emma with chocolate ice cream running down her chin. :-)

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

I saw that game! It was a lot like when the Huskies beat 3rd ranked USC! How exciting and fun to go to a game like that. ANd looks like you and the girls had a fun girly weekend w/ your mom. Can't wait to see pics of the girls in their new leos =)