Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lots of Pictures from the 3rd Ward

So I had this idea very early one morning while I was still half sleeping that I needed to take nice back-to-school pictures of the girls this year. Immediately the 3rd Ward came to mind as being a really cool place to take them. It's just the right mix of being historic, with the old fire house and theatre, yet modern and urban at the same time with all the trendy shops and restaurants. I thought it was a super unique idea and I woke up with the inner photographer in me feeling inspired. A few days later when we got to the 3rd Ward, there were three other families doing the same exact thing. Foolish of me to think I was the only one who had come up with this brilliant idea :-)

You can look at this post here to see a little more about our misadventures in photography that day. Basically I had to take out a stack of books and wait very patiently while Rebekah read each one before she'd get in any photos. Despite the lack of them seeming at all like back-to-school pics (not many with apples, school supplies, and back packs in hand) I'm glad we took the time to get some special pictures:
 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 Every morning we send them off, bright and early, back packs full.


 And every afternoon, they come running home, with smiling faces.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great pictures, Jess! I cannot believe how much older Rebekah is looking in these most recent pictures. She still looks like she's a tiny little thing, but her face has definitely lost that toddler look. What beautiful girls you have!