Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Little Woo Girl?

Our local library had a New Year's Dance Party for pre-schoolers the other day. Rebekah enjoyed it a lot.
 
Parachute games.


 
Scarf peek a boo.


 
Her favorite thing was all the balloons the librarians brought out for the kids. They were trying to organize a game of volley balloon, but it just turned into a free for all with the little ones running every which direction. A second after I took this picture, she threw the balloon at my face.


 
Rebekah kept squatting down really far like this, then doing a "toyota jump" as she hit the balloon into the air. Each time she hit the balloon, her tiny little voice belted out, "WOO!" It made me think of the "Woo Girls" episode of How I Met Your Mother.


 
She found it equally hilarious each time she did it, and because I was laughing, her woos became more and more enthusiastic.


 
Dave and I were just talking the other day about how funny and really distinct her personality is from Alyssa's and Emma's. Of course they are each alike in so many ways too, but all three of them have little characteristics that are truly their own. We think Rebekah will probably be the most unpredictable one :-)
One thing I know for sure though:
my little Duckie is most definitely not a "Woo Girl!"

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

One of the greatest blessings of parenting is the chance to watch your children grow into the people God created them to be. What an amazing prospect to have a front row seat as He takes them on this journey, teaching and shaping their lives for His Kingdom. I have enjoyed watching each of my kids' personalities develop and see how they're similar and how they each have their own little characteristics. It is a JOY. And I can tell you're enjoying the journey too :)