Friday, February 8, 2013

School Days, School Days

Photo 36 of 365, taken February 8th:
IMG_20130208_140453
As I typed the title to this post, a very old song that I can't even remember how I know it, popped into my mind. I couldn't remember very many of the words, so I had to look up the lyrics:

School days, school days
Dear old Golden Rule days
'Reading and 'riting and 'rithmetic
Taught to the tune of the hick'ry stick
You were my queen in calico
I was your bashful, barefoot beau
And you wrote on my slate, "I Love You So"
When we were a couple o' kids


School has changed a bit since the writing of this sweet song, a lot more than just school, actually! I'm still sometimes amazed when I think about the girls' daily schedules at school. Thinking about how the girls have the opportunity to learn a language we haven't taught them at home and how well they speak, understand and read German ~ well, it's pretty neat and we are so thankful for such a nice school community and their teachers who work very hard.

This schedule is a pretty typical day for Emma, with exception of #5 on the list which I hope to post more about soon ~ it was a party for Fasching and it was F-U-N!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think it's so neat your kids are getting the opportunity to learn another language! I sure wish they had a school like that near us :) Can't wait for your post about #5!!