Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Apple Orchard

IMG_1736
I love going on school field trips with the girls! It's sometimes exhausting, as this day at the apple orchard was, but always worth it!


IMG_1738
Maybe it's just the excitement of being out of the classroom, but I always see a wilder, crazier bunch of kids when we leave school. It's fun!

Today at the apple orchard, we learned about apples, Johnny Appleseed, honey bees, pumpkins, and we were able to pick several different kinds of apples to bring home. Yum!


IMG_1742
Peeking at me through the tree as she picks out the best apples! She was so excited.


IMG_1767
So proud of her beautiful apples, we baked cinnamon apples for dessert that night and Rebekah was so happy with her contribution to the meal.


IMG_1747
A happy group of victorious apple pickers.
IMG_1780
Choosing her tiny pumpkin from the garden. The smile Rebekah is showing here she inherited from my mom's side of the family. Pencil thin lips that all but disappear when we smile big is completely a Currie trait.


IMG_1796
These chilly little faces don't look like they are up to trouble, do they? Well about five minutes later I discovered they had the idea up their sleeves about how they might lose their chaperone for the day.


IMG_1810
It all started with me taking this photo above, thinking they looked so cute with the corn towering high over head...
IMG_1811
Which led to this ~ all four girls giggling and running away from me in the corn maze. I loved this picture because Rebekah is airborne as she happily leaps and runs after Sophie. And if you've never chased four little kids frantically through a corn maze ~ you should give it a try. It's a good time, and an even better workout (especially if you happen to be carrying loads of apples and a very heavy camera around your neck).
IMG_1818
A cute little daisy at the end of a long, but fruitful day.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, that's quite the plot by those sweet 5 year olds! I laughed out loud picturing you chasing them around the corn maze!

heather said...

Gorgeous photos! I think the case was worth it, but I agree, sometimes it is hard to keep up with over-excited kiddos! :-)