Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chaperone Dad

Dave tries to go on at least one field trip a year with each of the girls. His turn recently came up in both Rebekah and Emma's classrooms.
 He went to the Children's Health Education Center with Rebekah's class. When our older girls went on this field trip it was to discuss health issues such as why it is important to eat healthy foods, brush your teeth, and wash your hands. So that was what I had prepared Rebekah for as well.


 This time around, they went to CHEC to discuss safety related topics like crossing the street and what the children should do if they ever find a dangerous item at home or at play. They showed the kids pictures of unattended things like matches, a curling iron by the bathtub, a gun (very scary but sadly necessary) etc. and asked them what they should do. Don't touch it, tell a grown up!!
 Emma's class went to the art museum to talk about how art relates to math. It sounded pretty interesting, and Emma's teacher, who used to be an art teacher herself, was pleasantly surprised how enthusiastic the kids were about the art museum.

I'm so thankful that Dave takes the time to go on these trips with the girls!! Often, it involves him either going into work early or planning to stay a little late on the day of the field trip so that he can run out in the middle of the day. I know it is special to the girls and they are always so proud to have Dad with them {even when he's trying to grow a moustasche :-)}, and I don't often enough share about all the great things he does with them!

4 comments:

Mich said...

That is great that Dave can sneak out of work to go with the girls on field trips. I remember when my dad when on one of my class trips in elementary school - I was so proud too!

Lori said...

What an amazing Dad! How cool that he takes the time to do special things and have special experiences with each of your girls! And what a great field trip too!!! Wish there was something like that on the horizon for my girls.

heather said...

That is so awesome! I bet the girls love every second of having Dad to show off! :-)

Michelle said...

This post reminded me that I don't often give Kyle the credit for all the things he does with my kids too.. (via my blog, that is). Dave seems like an amazing Dad, your girls are very lucky to have him (and so are you :)