Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

On New Years Eve, we went to the Field Museum in Chicago.
 The girls had never been, and the last time Dave and I were there was for PWC's Christmas Party in either 1999 or 2000.


 This is the 10th anniversary of SUE being in the Field Museum. Sue is the most complete T-Rex skeleton ever found and the best preserved on display at any museum worldwide. I remember what a big deal it was when the Field Museum brought her here.


 The girls loved exploring all the exhibits, and as I watched them play I was flooded with memories of school field trips to this museum when I was young.


 




















The Ancient Egypt exhibit is remarkably similar to how I remember it as a kid {another big opening that I recall very clearly}. The girls enjoyed it a lot along with a newer section downstairs that had a music lab, lots of microscopes and petri dishes for scientific discoveries, and a village of a few clay homes that had it's own corn field where you can actually pick the corn! Alyssa loved the Hall of Gems too.


With time running out in 2010 we headed to Chinatown...
 




















My parents met us there and we had dim sum. The girls picked out some wonderful $1.99 treasures in the trinket shops that Chinatown is overflowing with.


 I was trying to get a good year end photo of my parents and the girls. The busy road in front of us proved to be too much of a distraction. Here the girls are waiting for my parents to join them for a picture...


 And here's Rebekah trying to exit the photo in the direction of the road. Sorry, Dad ~ I caught you looking down at the wild baby.


 We moved towards the corner where we took one last picture for 2010.


Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Your parents look EXACTLY as I remember them, they are so cute! I can't wait to show my oldest daughter that picture of the t-rex, she is BIG into dinosaurs. Looks like you guys had a wonderful New Years Eve in Chicago, how fun! Happy New Year to you all.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful way to ring in the New Year!! Great pictures, I especially love the family one! cute picture of everyone!!

heather said...

Looks like a fabulous time!