Monday, December 20, 2010

secretly wishing for a snow day

I just sent the girls off to school and even though tomorrow is their last day of school before Christmas break, with snow in the forecast for tonight, I'm secretly hoping that we'll end up with a one day head start on Christmas vacation! After a few really busy weekends in a row, I would love an extra day at home, baking cookies and snuggled up watching Christmas movies.
 I even ran by the store to buy some baking ingredients right after getting the girls to the bus this morning. The fact that I'm prepared for a snow day will likely push the winter storm system directly to the north, and we'll escape with minimal snowfall amounts!


 Even the birds who have been visiting our yard lately look picturesque for a winter time scene. Emma spotted the owl yesterday, and earlier last week I looked out the window and the cardinal was greeting me. Now all they need is a little snow and the picture would be complete...
I'm dreaming of a white Tuesday :-)

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a Snow Day for the Sach's Family! Those really are the best day's aren't they? ... baking cookies and snuggling up watching movies and not having anything to do or anywhere to be. It just doesn't get any better that in my opinion.

Michelle said...

I agree... I love snow days! Hoping you guys get your snow day tomorrow!! We're supposed to get snow tonight too, which I was slightly bummed about because we were hoping to get to see the total lunar eclipse.