Tuesday, December 21, 2010

the good thing about missed snow days...

So, I didn't get the quiet snow day I was hoping for (we maybe got one tiny inch of snow), but the day was plenty wonderful all the same.
 Just one of the good things that resulted from a regularly scheduled school day was that Emma didn't have to miss out on her Basteltag (Craft Day). She has been feeling under the weather for the last few days, but missing this day at school was not an option for her!! The crafts are supposed to be a present for us on Christmas, so per Emma's request I was doing my best to help out and take pictures without looking at what we were doing :-)


 Emma and her friend, Grace.


 




















Rebekah had a Basteltag too. I think each child went home covered from top to bottom in glitter glue, frosting, and applesauce. It was a lot of fun!

Alyssa's class earned a pajama party for today as well, but I spared her the embarrassment of having her mom show up to photograph that :-)

Tonight instead of wishing for snow, I'm tucking the girls in at the start of a long awaited break, so thankful they each had a fun day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

yeah, it would have been a bit of a bummer to miss all the last day of school Holiday festivities.

PS- I meant to say earlier that we too have a pickle ornament :)