Monday, April 12, 2010

the number 7, cupcakes, cupcakes, and more cupcakes, and even a little Elvis

Emma turns 7 today!! Hip Hip Hooray!!

She is the easiest, and funnest of our girls to make birthday cupcakes for. Alyssa doesn't like frosting, and Rebekah doesn't like many of the gummy candies that can make a cupcake cute, so Emma by far brings the best {most creative and most decorated} birthday treats to school. She recently saw these farm animal cupcakes in our Family Fun magazine, and knew right away that she wanted them for her birthday treats.


I started with the pigs because I knew they would be the most important to Emma. She loves pigs! All three girls loved how they came out, and after sampling one for dessert last night, Emma was so excited to bring them to school this morning. She insisted on carrying the huge tray all the way to her classroom by herself.

The cows were the hardest make, they involved melting chocolate chips in a ziploc bag in the microwave, snipping a corner of the bag and piping the melted chips into the shape of cow spots. After organizing the cupcakes on the tray I stood back to take a look at {or admire :-)} my hard work and noticed something funny...

Awesome ~ I made about 13 mini Elvis cow cupcakes.

Happy, Happy Birthday
Precious Emma!!

We Love You!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

you really did a great job on those cupcakes! I saw them in the Family Fun magazine too :) I'm trying to think of something fun to do for C's bday school treats too! Not sure I'm ready to take on something that complicated though!

jessica said...

Thanks! Other than the chocolate spots for the cows, they weren't very complicated. And that's what I love about many of the ideas in Family Fun, they are an awesome starting point! If you feel like doing a scaled down version of one of their projects, they often turn out really cool too.

We left the fruit slice wings off the chicks because I thought we were already on sugar overload :-)