Friday, April 16, 2010

A Birthday Visit From Ms. Tooth Fairy

Emma lost one of her top front teeth on her birthday. She came running to me after school with the biggest smile on her face, and the gap that the missing tooth has left is huge! She was so excited about it, but I think Alyssa was more excited, if that's even possible. Alyssa couldn't get over the special timing of the lost tooth and she told me, "You have to put a picture of this on the blog! Call her the Toothless Wonder on her birthday!!" So, I'm a little late posting it, but here it is...


Toothless Wonder Kahiwalani on her 7th Birthday!!
She's holding the lost tooth in her fingers, although it may be hard to see.


You can see the gap a little better in this photo (if you click on it). The last time she had x-rays taken at the dentist office I could see her adult teeth up in the gum line. About the only thing bigger than the window that her baby tooth has left behind, is the grown up teeth that are now waiting to come in! Awkward {but sweet} huge toothy grins, here comes Emma :-)


I also thought I should post a closer up photo of the pig cupcakes since they were Emma's favorite. When she described the cupcakes to my mom, she talked about each of the little candies that made the animal faces. She pointed out that the little nostril dots on the pigs were tiny pieces of twizzler {she calls them twisters} and that on the cows they were drips of chocolate. She also mentioned the eyes being made of chocolate chips, and how the ears were either m&ms or gummies, and that the chick's beaks were cut up starburst. I was just surprised with all the little details she cared about, and it made me feel kind of good that she appreciated and noticed them :-)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy 7th bday Emma!! Those are some pretty cool cupcakes!