Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Trumpet?! Really?!

Last week Alyssa brought home a trumpet from school. About a month ago the music teacher asked for volunteers who would like to learn how to play a band instrument. Alyssa is never one to pass up an opportunity to do anything music related, so the fact that she volunteered did not surprise me at all. Her choice of instrument however, did. Although the trumpet is very nice, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot that is very feminine about it. Everything else about this little girl screams Princess, so it seemed like an unlikely choice, but she has LOVED it.
 Her practicing sounds like a fog horn billowing through the house. Not bad sounding, just really LOUD and resounding. The trumpet she is borrowing from the school is very old, but she's excited to have it! She was proud to tell us that they moved her to the advanced class where she gets to practice with the 5th graders. She has since tried the flute too, and she doesn't like it as much. She said it whistles too much.


 Encouraging Rebekah to play too.


 I just liked both of their facial expressions in this photo.


 The same day that she was able to practice with the 5th grade group she was very pleased to tell me that they were learning to play Odd To Joy. I'm sure Beethoven would be very proud of their "Odd"!

2 comments:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Cute, Odd to joy :) That pic of Alyssa and Rebekah looking at each other reminds me of the one I just took of Ava and Carter :) So sweet!

I think I picture Alyssa playing the clarinet...

jessica said...

Funny ~ my mom played the clarinet.