Friday, March 5, 2010

February Thursdays = Working at the Library

Every Thursday during February, one of our public libraries did this really cool series of storytimes that related to careers. Each week we could stop by for a visit where we would hear a few fun books about a specific job, and then get to play with toys related to that work. Rebekah enjoyed it a lot!


February 4, 2010: Post Office
 
Having fun "delivering love" as a mail carrier. I thought the little hats and homemade mail bags were too cute. She loved stamping on all the post marks, and sorting mail.



February 11, 2010: Doctor's Office
 She was such a good doctor to her baby, Rebecca. They gave us a little medical notepad where the moms could help their children record all the vitals of their "patients." Rebekah took Rebecca's temperature; "It's good," she told me. Blood pressure: Good. Heartbeat: Sounds good, hmmmm...strong. Dr. Kamele's diagnosis....


 
"Um, I think I need to cut your hair off."



February 18, 2010: Construction Worker
 
She loved gluing construction paper scraps to make a "rough building plan," and then using all the play tools and blocks to build her castle.



February 25, 2010: Pizza Chef
 
Kamele loved these Melissa and Doug pizza toys where all the pizza toppings velcro to the pizza, so she could make any kind she wanted. As usual, she turned any chance to sit around a table and serve food to me into a tea party. It was fun.


Sometime in February her registration and application for school came back to us in the mail, saying she was accepted for K4 in the fall. It was very bittersweet for me. I don't look forward to sending her to school. Among many other things, these mornings at the libraries, playtimes, and tea parties will be missed so much. So, we haven't decided for sure what we are going to do yet. With her birthday being as late as it is, it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to hold off for one more year. I just don't know if I would be doing that more for me or for her. She tells us that she wants to go, and she already walks around the big girls' school like she owns the place. I know she'll do great if we send her, but I also know she'd do wonderfully here at home with me...

1 comment:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Well, lucky for you there really is no wrong decision. She'll be fine either way, just like you said.