Friday, August 17, 2012

Summerfest

Putting together the photos for the GermanFest post last week reminded me that I never shared our Summerfest pictures from earlier in the month of July...
IMG_20120708_130141
My parents received some free tickets from their neighbors, which they in turn gave to us, so we headed down to a fun day in the sun.
07July40
The girls are not ones to pass up a photo opportunity with the Racing Sausages.
07July41
My poor girls...they are always asking me if they can dye their hair strange colors...mostly, I think, because there is a coach at the gym who makes it look very cool. Their dark hair just wasn't made to hold the bright colors ~ this spray in temporary color barely showed up within 5 minutes of application, and I know the magenta, blue and purple colors were caked in there because the girls' hairbrush bristles were full of color as they brushed later that night. At least they were able to savor a few minutes of having rock star hair.
IMG_20120708_133511
We also spent time at a stage where the kids could do karaoke. Where they rocked the above mentioned super cool hair!

The Marines were there testing everyone's strength:
IMG_20120708_155501
IMG_20120708_155656
IMG_20120708_154137
I can't remember the last year before this one that we went to Summerfest, we've been before, but not often. Thank you, Mom and Dad for the tickets ~ we had lots of fun!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love the pictures. I sure will miss all the warm summer days spent doing fun activities :) I enjoy everyone else's pictures as much as my own! Good times!