Friday, April 13, 2012

Nine Words

We celebrated Emma's 9th birthday yesterday. We had a cupcake picnic at lunchtime and I only brought out eight candles for her cupcake. I counted out loud as I carefully tried to fit eight candles onto one cupcake, it took several blank stares from both Alyssa and Emma and finally Alyssa telling me with bewilderment, "Mom, she's nine," for me to realize my mistake. I always tend to approach birthdays with surprise at how quickly the time passes and wondering where went the days of swaddling, toddler-in-tow errand running, and library story hour. Emma was in fact turning nine, I just somehow momentarily got stuck at eight.

So, Little Beloved Emma, on your 9th birthday:
~ 9 Words that describe that you best ~

You are Fun, have the best laugh and are always so Cheerful.  You find adventure everyday in the smallest things.  You work hard at everything and are very Driven, I would not want to be an obstacle standing in your way ~ I'm slightly scared {but mostly proud} of your stare down and attack method .  You have a Sensitive heart.  No one is quicker with a hug, and maybe you are just good at stalling bedtime, but you are so AffectionateYou are not often difficult, but you seem to need more sleep than your sisters and easily get grumpy when you haven't gotten enough, our sweet Sleepyhead.  You always want everything to be Fair, you are typically the easiest to please, most content kid, but there is probably nothing that bothers you more than when you perceive the scales of justice to be out of balance.  Maybe it is partly the peacekeeper middle child in you, but you always strive to make everything fair.  Which leads us to your Logical nature.  Everything makes sense to you, or I should say, you try to make sense of everything.  You love math and concrete facts.  You love watching the Travel and Discovery Channels.  You ask questions until you get the pieces to fit together.  You are a Thinker.  About two weeks ago I went up to your room one morning to wake you, and found you reading the dictionary, just for fun.  The dictionary had been a gift that everyone in your class received the day before and you were engrossed in it for about two and half days.  You are wonderfully Sweet, so warm and cuddly, a sweet bit of sunshine to all of us!!
Or, 10 words are good too...I'm okay with it if you are :-)

IMG_3851

Happy Birthday, Emma! We love you so much!!

And Happy, Happy Birthday today to my sweet sister in law, Ku'ulei!  We miss you and hope you are having a beautiful birthday!!

No comments: