Monday, May 31, 2010

Kinderfest

Last Friday, the girls' school celebrated Kinderfest. Kinderfest is a fun, end of the school year field day that the kids always look forward to.
 The afternoon starts with an all school parade. The kids sing songs and march outside to the big black top area where a ton of games are set up.


 A few of the games that Alyssa enjoyed.


 One of the games Emma loved playing was a relay race in which they fill a sponge with water and run it across to the other side where there is a tuna can that the water needs to be transferred to. Good old fashioned homemade fun, no frills needed.


 Alyssa with her friends during the parade.


 Emma, Bella, and Claire.
I left Rebekah for a playdate at Claire's house while I came to the school to help out with the Kinderfest games. It was the first time I have ever left her at a friend's house for a solo playdate. Claire has 4 little sisters, one of which is about one year older than Bekah, and another who is about 6 months younger than her. I was a little worried about leaving Kamele, but it's safe to say she LOVED her afternoon with all the little girls, and did not miss me one bit :-) She wasn't ready to leave when I returned to bring Claire home and pick her up.


 Enjoying Kinderfest! The weather was perfect for the occasion.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

the weather looks beautiful, much better then the rain and 60 degrees we've been having for over a week now, and no end in sight :(

Looks like the girls enjoyed Kinderfest. I remember always looking forward to field day when I was in elementary school. I'm excited to help out at Cristian's next week :)